Does the idea of visiting the dentist excite you? Do you enjoy studying mathematics, science and human anatomy? A career in Dentistry may be the right move for you.
The cool benefits of Dentistry:
- Provides a sense of personal satisfaction knowing that you you have helped people maintain their health and appearance.
- Constantly learning new things. Dentistry is a rapidly changing profession and new developments in diagnosis, detection and treatments are ever changing.
- Jobs are offered in a variety of disciplines.
- Dentists are highly respected in the medical community.
- Allows you to work in different settings such as private practice, teaching, research and public health.
- Job security. Older adults are realizing the importance of maintaining their original teeth therefore requiring dental services.
Programs Offered at the Arizona School of Dentistry & Oral Health
- Doctor of Dental Medicine (D.M.D.)
This is a four-year professional degree program leading to Doctor of Dental Medicine. This program offers students the various skills required for the field through simulation, integration of biomedical and clinical sciences and problem solving scenarios. Hands-on clinical experience allows students to get a feel for what they will encounter outside the school walls. During their fourth-year students are given the opportunity to work alongside real dentists practicing throughout their community.
To get admitted to the Arizona School of Dentistry & Oral Health (ASDOH):
- Must complete three years or a Bachelors degree at an accredited institution.
- Computer literacy and the basic operation of a laptop computer.
- Complete the American Dental Admissions Test (DAT) before November of each application year. Test results older than three years are not accepted.
- Have a minimum cumulative and science grade point average of 2.50 on a four-point scale.
For further information about what ASDOH requires for freshmen admissions, including testing requirements visit the admissions website at: www.atsu.edu/asdoh/admissions/index.htm.
How to Apply?
To receive an application please contact the office of admissions at:
Office of Admissions
Arizona School of Dentistry & Oral Health
5850 E. Still Circle
Mesa, Arizona 85206
Tel: (480) 219-6000
Other Schools Offering Dentistry Degrees:
- Marquette University, School of Dentistry, Milwaukee, WI, www.marquette.edu/dentistry/.
- Loma Linda University, School of Dentistry, Loma Linda, CA, http://dentistry.llu.edu.
- West Virginia University, School of Dentistry, Morgantown, WV, http://dentistry.hsc.wvu.edu.
- The UCLA School of Dentistry, Los Angeles, CA, www.dentistry.ucla.edu.
- Virginia Commonwealth University, School of Dentistry, www.dentistry.vcu.edu.
- Dalhousie University, Faculty of Dentistry, Halifax, NS, www.dal.ca/faculty/dentistry.html.
- Western University, School of Dentistry, London, ON, www.schulich.uwo.ca/dentistry.
- University of Alberta, Department of Dentistry, Edmonton, AB, www.dentistry.ualberta.ca.
- The University of Toronto, Faculty of Dentistry, Toronto, ON www.dentistry.utoronto.ca.